Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Love LA! Part 2

LA is so full of fabulous that one post could not contain it...so I give you part two!

First of all, who doesn't love Native Foods? Definitely the best chain restaurant in the world, in my opinion. This is the Soul Bowl (pic stolen from wtfveganfood.com) with steamed greens, BBQ sauce, ranch, and fried chick'un on a bed of 'jazzman' (jasmine) rice, served with a slab o' cornbread. Yum! The fried chick'un was brilliant, and I'm a sucker for any kind of corn bread. It is also worth mentioning that my dad happily proclaimed that his Portobello-Sausage burger was "the best fake meat sort of thing" that he'd ever eaten. High praise from a self-called carnivore!

Finally, my aunt, a longtime vegetarian and sometimes vegan, treated us to dinner at her favorite place. The Spot in Hermosa Beach is allegedly the oldest vegetarian restaurant on the West Coast. I don't know how factual this is, but whether or not it's the oldest, it certainly is a hidden gem. I got pasta with the restaurant's famous savory sauce, which is sort of like a vegan alfredo. It was delicious and the tempeh on the pasta (kind of hidden in the picture) was so yummy! It was almost curried, but it went surprisingly well with the creamy sauce.

Anyway, that concludes my LA vegan eats. I'll be back tomorrow with some food closer to home :)


4 comments:

  1. oh wow that looks delicious! i'm glad you had a great trip! thanks for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. That Native Foods bowl sounds ridic!!!!

    ReplyDelete