Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas (Eve)!!!

Don't you guys think that Christmas Eve is even more fun than Christmas? I mean, Christmas Eve is filled with excitement and anticipation, but on Christmas, once the last present has been opened, it's basically all over. In light of all that anticipation, I made a whole bunch of cookies today. After all, what's Christmas without baking? All of my recipes came from Chocolate Covered Katie. Seriously, this girl is a wizard when it comes to vegan baking. I made her chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and chickpea(!) flour chocolate chip blondies. All were basically heaven-sent. Some will undoubtedly go to Santa this evening, who I'm sure will be thankful for some wholesome(ish) vegan treats after billions of egg and butter laden lard cakes. That and some Silk nog and he'll be a happy fellow. And don't forget the reindeer, who receive a big plate of carrots every year!


Blondies pre-mixing. The funky yellow stuff is my homemade chickpea flour.

Blondies post-mixing. The raw batter for these things is wicked! And egg free, so you can eat all you want.

Blondies getting ready for some oven action.
Finished blondies with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Mmmm...these things are so gooey and good. There's not even any chickpea favor!

Nommy chocolate chippers. I was way too excited to take pics of the process.

Snickerdoodle dough! Too cute.

Finished snickerdoodles. These thing are like pillows of awesome, no joke.
And I leave you with my kitteh striking a terrifying (but adorable) pose. I don't think he realizes that he's not an old man. Anyway, happy holidays, guys! Hope it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment