Monday, January 2, 2012

A Magical New Year!

Remember how I said I was going to post pictures of my Christmas dinner? Well, I lied. Actually, not lied as much as my noble intentions were lost once my redonkulously delicious plate was presented to me. Although it won't make up for my lack of pictures, I can tell you that my Xmas dinner consisted of veganized cauliflower cheese, roasted rosemary potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and German-style red cabbage. Jealous?

However, I come bearing pictures of cupcakes I made for my New Year's party. I was going to cook dinner, but my mom found out that our favorite restaurant had a special New Year's menu going on, so we took advantage of that opportunity. But nom-licious cupcakes awaited once we got home. These pretty babies are chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing from The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, which is a tome of vegan epicness unlike any other. I received it for Christmas and have kept busy in the kitchen ever since. Between making my own nut butters and veganaise and baking copious cupcakes, I've had my work cut out for me!


This (very) Happy Herbivore also tried her hand at some more savory recipes. I made an entire dinner from the cookbook for my parents. It was freakin' amazing, not gonna lie. The parentals concurred. I made the cornbread (which I made into corn muffins, because they're cuter), sweet potato home fries, dijon and herb green beans, and bean cakes with Creole roasted red pepper sauce. * happy belly *

Soon to come are school lunches packed in my new * drumroll please * Laptop Lunches system!!! If you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you know I've been coveting Laptop Lunches for ages, and Santa finally caved this year and got me one. I'll share some soon. In the meantime, what are your New Year's resolutions? I'm aiming to exercise an hour a day. That may or may not be realistic, but we'll see. 


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is super cute! I'm excited to see your Laptop Lunches System, as I'm a huge nerd when it comes to packing elaborate lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki! I had lots of fun looking at your blog too. I must say, I am way jealous of those pumpkin whoopie pies!

    ReplyDelete