Monday, January 3, 2011

Melt Eclectic Deli

While also in Cincy, we paid a visit to the 1/2 veg, 1/2 meat Melt Eclectic Deli. Almost everything veg can be easily veganized with their house-made vegan cheese and tofu or seitan. This was clearly the perfect place for my family, since we all have different dietary preferences.


Upon walking into Melt, we knew we had made the right choice. Fun interior, quirky neighborhood, and  foremost awesome smell wafting from the kitchen. I ordered the custom burger, which had beef-inspired seitan, vegan cheese, lettuce, pickles, and mustard on a whole wheat bun. My mom went with the ratatouille melt with provolone, which also sounded tres bon (if it were vegan)! The wait was a little long for a deli, but well worth it. It is safe to say that this is by far the best vegan food I have had in a long time. My mom's sandwich sounded awesome too, so I may have to try that some time with vegan cheese. The seitan was perfect, as was the vegan cheese. If it were a blind taste test, I probably would have freaked out, thinking it was real meat and dairy cheese. Yum! Five stars for Melt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment