Monday, January 3, 2011

A Shopping List of Sorts...

So you're reating this gorgeomous blog, and you think to yourself...jeez, I wanna eat like this girl. Kudos to you! You have great taste (haha). But where to start? Here, I've provided a list of my personal staples that I always have on hand that make me epically happy and I have a hunch will make you feel the same way. Any recommendations?

DAIRY (OR NOT):
Almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
Soy cheddar cheese
Soy yogurt

GRAINS: (my favorite)
100% whole wheat bread (or sprouted grain)
Boil in Bag brown rice (am I lazy or what?)
100% whole wheat pretzels
Yummy cereal (ie vegan Lucky Charms...)
100% whole wheat bagels
100% whole wheat burger buns
Whole wheat pasta
Instant oatmeal
Whole wheat flour

VEG:
Baby carrots
Celery
Broccoli/cauliflower
Snap peas
Lettuce
Shredded cabbage mix
Bell peppers
'Maters
Garlic

FRUITS:
Apples
Grapes
Melon
(A lot of people would say bananas, but they are a bit gross, in my humble opinion.)
Dried fruit of some description

PROTEIN:
Extra firm tofu
Cocoa dusted almonds (the only kind of nuts I enjoy)
Peanut butter
Almond butter

FATS:
Earth Balance butter substitute
Canola oil
Olive oil
Sesame oil

CONDIMENTS:
Ketchup
Mustard
Vegenaise
BBQ sauce
Good salad dressing
Turbinado sugar
Stevia
Marinara sauce
Hummus

THE SNACKY STUFF:
Nature's Own granola bars
Luna Bars
Clif Bars
Individual soy milks (great for on the go)

EVIL PREPARED FOODS:
Amy's Non-Dairy Mac and Cheeze
Organic vegetable soup of some description
Gardein 7-Grain Tenders
LingLing veggie spring rolls
Meatless meatballs (I adore Nate's)
Rising Moon Organics vegan ravioli
Amy's Non-Dairy Pot Pie
Black Bean Gardenburgers
Boca crumbles

No comments:

Post a Comment