Sunday, April 24, 2011

Review Time: Organic Grill

The Organic Grill is an adorable little sandwich shop in the East Village that serves (almost) 100% vegan and vegetarian fare. We stopped in for a late lunch one day, and the waitress was super nice and attentive. The restaurant itself is ittybittytiny, but it's okay because it adds to the kitchen-ish ambiance. I ordered the grilled seitan panini, which came with a side of home fries and cole slaw.


Now, let me tell you, I am an eater. I am a small person with a deceptively large appetite. But this was, even for me, a whole lot of food. I had to take some of the seitan of of the sandwich so it would fit in my mouth, but after that it was all good. Damn, it was good. The seitan was almost like meat loaf in flavor and consistency, and it was complimented well by grilled peppers and onions as well as the yummy red pepper aioli spread on the bread. The bread was, in a word, phenomenal. It was truly the star of the sandwich; chewy, just a little bit of sweetness. Mmmm...The home fries, which I only had room for about half of, were also really good, and I finished off the yummy cole slaw. You can also see mi madre's lentil burger in the picture, which was the daily special. It looked really good, but I didn't get a chance to try it. If you're ever in the East Village in need of food, stop by Organic Grill. It will not disappoint. 


Happy me at Organic Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment